Tuesday 17 March 2015

ANIMATION: 3D bouncing ball

As soon as I knew the details of our assignment included making a gallery I went straight into Maya and designed a gallery with hallways and stairs with a floor. I wanted to add textures to the walls but had not had a lecture on UV unwrapping and knew I would have to save my time. I planned out a 2 week period to finish any of the animations I hadn't done and planned time spare for fixing things.

I had made the ball animation earlier in the lectures but had lost the saved file so I ahd to do it again. I wanted to add more to the animation this time by animating the ball moving forward towards the screen and then to have it roll off the edge. I edited it in the graph editor to make the bounces more accurate. 
Gif of the keyframes.


I also did an animation of a bouncing ball with a table, similar to the follow-through animation. The file was already provided and intended for use by students of the animation course for their show-reel, I saw no harm in using my spare time to practise it and learn more. I made an animation that would not move from the spot in Maya for practise in incorporating it into videogame use.

No comments:

Post a Comment