Sunday 7 November 2021

A New Leaf...

 I've thought about returning to my old student animation blog for a while, but in the age of social media and having a portfolio website, it felt a little irrelevant to do so. Yet, the yearning to continue with an animation blog for my own sense of progress continued on... And thus, here I am. 


I wanted to start documenting my progress on improving my art again. So I will do so. 

Sadly, this blog has been abandoned ever since I had a Dissertation to work on at University (which feels like a lifetime ago) so I can't document the in-between era of when I stopped posting and have began posting again now. 


Where else to begin but now.


In-between my work commitments, trying to ram my foot in the door of the industry (job hunting) and Covid-19 family related commitments, I've been focusing my growth on certain things, chiefly amongst those: Storyboarding, Background, Perspective, Anatomy, Composition and Rigging (2D). I'll go into those on individual posts. 

Sometimes I kick myself and put myself down, that I haven't been trying hard enough, that I could have used time when I was working to improve, but life takes turns we can't predict. 2020 taught me that (and many other things), and so long as I keep trying and keep driving for improvement of my self and my craft, I shouldn't fret over past time, that only wastes current time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment