Wednesday 2 March 2016

Personal: TV Paint Practice - Leonne's Hair

I started this as a practice drawing in TV Paint a few months ago as a learning curve when I had more spare time before starting to work on Crew Projects. I had no real plan but I wanted to draw a character of mine who I had always visioned as with cloud-like and explosive hair, which I could never draw out in stills showing exactly what I meant. He was inspired from Nia Teplin from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann in this way.

Inspirational shot: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann


I animated him (without hair) in roughly a day as a test to understand TV paint as a medium before working on films. I came back to him months later (today) when I found more time and decided it was time to tackle the hair which was why I wanted to do this.
I hope to clean this up one day too as it would be a nice practice piece.







I animated his hair on 2s, I wasn't aware of how the properly animate by frame count when I fist started him(body) however. There were no key frames in this piece.

I had initially thought of using it as a lip sync practice but there was no voice clip I had planned and decided to scrap that and focus on the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment